Hello! Now is the time to register your daughter for the upcoming 2014-15 Wayzata Girls Basketball season. On-line registration opens July 1, 2014. To register, click on the “Registration" link on the left side.
Deadlines and important information are listed below:
* Junior Jammers: Girls in K-3rd grade receive a fun introduction to the game of basketball by learning and doing the basic fundamentals. Sessions will be held Tuesdays and Thursdays, September 25, 30, October 2, 7, and 9 at Kimberly Lane. K-1st grade session is from 6:00-7:00pm and 2nd-3rd grade session is from 7:00-8:00pm (Session is FULL, Wait list is now FULL). Registration is limited to the first 30 girls for each session. Registration closes on September 15 or when full.
* Recreation (Rec.) Leagues: offered to girls in grades 2nd-12th.
For more information about the rec. program, please click on the "Leagues/Teams" link on the left side. Click on the "Program Comparison" link to see how the rec. program differs from the travel programs.
* Travel and Gopher State: Offered to girls in grades 4th-8th looking for more basketball and more competition. Registration closes September 1. Click on the "Program Comparison" link on the left side to see how the Travel program differs from the Gopher State program.
Last year, we had nearly 450 girls participate in our basketball programs and this year we want to provide the right opportunity for even more girls! It is going to be another great season of Wayzata girls basketball and we cannot wait to get started! Please make sure you register by the listed deadlines.
Get ready for tryouts and the season by signing up for one or both of these clinics. Sessions will focus on age appropriate skills and drills to help prepare for the season.
* Tuesday, Sept. 9th at Wayzata High School, hosted by Wayzata High School Coach Schumacher. No need to register - you can attend if you are signed up for travel basketball.
* Saturday, Sept 6th and 13th Pre-Season Clinic at Wayzata Central Middle School hosted by 43 Hoops
Don't forget about our Trojan Summer Shot-makers Club!
Please see details on the attached flyer.
Basketball training is held year round at the 43 Hoops Basketball Academy in Hopkins. Small group training is offered to players in grades 5-12 (for K-4, check out our Junior Hoops Training). The 43 Hoops staff of professional trainers provide small group instruction (4-7 players per trainer depending on skill level) in 1-hour sessions, as well as 1-on-1 training.
During the months of April and May we’re offering BIG SAVINGS! Start training this spring with the flexibility to use
your sessions throughout the summer. Classes are available for Youth (grades 3-5), Developmental (grades 6-8) and
Competitive (grades 9-12) athletes. *All sessions expire on August, 31st, 2014