Hello! Now is the time to register your daughter for the upcoming 2014-15 Wayzata Girls Basketball season. On-line registration opens July 1, 2014. To register, click on the “Registration" link on the left side.
Deadlines and important information are listed below:
* Junior Jammers: Girls in K-3rd grade receive a fun introduction to the game of basketball by learning and doing the basic fundamentals. Sessions will be held Tuesdays and Thursdays, September 25, 30, October 2, 7, and 9 at Kimberly Lane. K-1st grade session is from 6:00-7:00pm and 2nd-3rd grade session is from 7:00-8:00pm (BOTH SESSIONS AND THE WAIT LIST ARE NOW FULL). Registration is limited to the first 30 girls for each session. Registration closes on September 15 or when full.
* Recreation (Rec.) Leagues: offered to girls in grades 2nd-12th.
For more information about the rec. program, please click on the "Leagues/Teams" link on the left side. Click on the "Program Comparison" link to see how the rec. program differs from the travel programs.
* Travel and Gopher State: REGISTRATION FOR TRAVEL IS NOW CLOSED
Last year, we had nearly 450 girls participate in our basketball programs and this year we want to provide the right opportunity for even more girls! It is going to be another great season of Wayzata girls basketball and we cannot wait to get started! Please make sure you register by the listed deadlines.
***For Tryouts - have your daughter wear her uniform top from last season - if she didn't play or doesn't have one - no problem, we will provide her with a tryout jersey, but we are planning on most non-4th grade girls that played before to bring their jersey's.
Tuesday, September 9th
4-6th Grades, 6:30-8:00pm, High School
7-8th Grades, 8:00-9:30pm, High School
Run by Mike Schumacher and staff.
Quick 'run-throughs' of what the girls will be doing at Tryouts.
See more info below.
2014 Tryout Schedule
Parent Meeting, Monday, September 15th, High School Cafeteria
4th-5th Grade, 6:30-7:15pm
6th-8th Grade, 8:30-9:00pm (Note: 8th grade parents can go to either session on Monday since their daughters don't start tryouts until Tuesday)
**These dates and times are subject to change depending on gym availability and number of girls registering.
Get ready for tryouts and the season by signing up for one or both of these clinics. Sessions will focus on age appropriate skills and drills to help prepare for the season.
* Tuesday, Sept. 9th at Wayzata High School, hosted by Wayzata High School Coach Schumacher. No need to register - you can attend if you are signed up for travel basketball.
* Saturday, Sept 6th and 13th Pre-Season Clinic at Wayzata Central Middle School hosted by 43 Hoops
Don't forget about our Trojan Summer Shot-makers Club!
Please see details on the attached flyer.
Basketball training is held year round at the 43 Hoops Basketball Academy in Hopkins. Small group training is offered to players in grades 5-12 (for K-4, check out our Junior Hoops Training). The 43 Hoops staff of professional trainers provide small group instruction (4-7 players per trainer depending on skill level) in 1-hour sessions, as well as 1-on-1 training.